|NOUN || a mustard mill | mustard mills |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
- In the upper Brexbach valley there was once a mustard mill ("Senfmühle"), which burned down in 1914 - a memorial stone marks the spot - and other mills: the "Farbmühle", "Niesmühle" and the "Kühnsmühle", none of which are used as mills any longer.
- 1 Rockledge Avenue is one of the oldest existing houses in Sparta, and was built circa 1784 by Philip Van Cortlandt, its first resident was Josiah Rhodes, a man who operated a mustard mill on Sparta Brook with William Kemeys.
- Along with his wife Karen, he owns and operates Raye's Mustard Mill, which has been run by members of the Raye family since 1900.
- The mill has functioned as a snuff mill (milling tobacco), a mustard mill, and a saw mill.
- In the early 19th century there were three mills here; an oil mill, a mustard mill and a corn mill in the late 18th century it was owned by a Mr Fomereau and worked by the Loder family.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!