|NOUN || an oak species | oak species |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Lignotubers develop from the cotyledonary bud in seedlings of several oak species including cork oak "Quercus suber", but do not develop in several other oak species, and are not apparent in mature cork oak trees.
- Like that of other white oak species, the wood of the chinquapin oak ("Q. muehlenbergii") is a durable hardwood prized for many types of construction.
- The following plant species are the most commonly reported hosts for the imperial moth: pine species, maple species, oak species, sweetgum, and sassafras.
- The adults feed on nectar, sap, and rotting fruit, while the larvae prefer the foliage of several oak species.
- The arboretum's conservation program has participated in "The Tree Gene Conservation" projects with APGA and the USDA Forest Service for four oak species including the rare "Quercus boyntonii".
- Its specific epithet combines the Latin words "quercus" ("oak"), and "folium" ("leaf"). However, it is not closely related to oak species ("Quercus").
- The pine–oak woodlands are home to one-quarter of Mexico's plant species, and Mexico is home to 44 of the 110 species of pine and over 135 species of oak, over 28% of the world's oak species.
- This vegetation varies by altitude with holm oak species prevalent in the lower elevations along with some pines and bushes.
- These techniques have proved highly useful in resolving fine-scale relationships among 2–5 oak species, particularly groups known to hybridize, but until recently the larger emphasis on this narrow approach prevented systematists from making large-scale determinations about oak history.
- In Europe, ramorum blight was first observed on "Rhododendron" and "Viburnum" in the early 1990s, It has not caused significant harm to European oak species.
- Evergreen oak species are also common in parts of southern Europe and south Asia, and are included in this list for the sake of completeness.
- Both sugar pine and oak species are currently in decline, which can have a direct effect on black bear food sources within the Sierra Nevada.
- Trees of the savanna include junipers (locally called mountain cedar), oak species scattered over grasses, a vegetation type historically shaped by droughts and regular fires.
- Soil characteristics strongly influence the architecture of taproots; for example, deep and rich soils favour the development of vertical taproots in many oak species such as "Quercus kelloggii", while clay soils promote the growth of multiple taproots.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!