|NOUN || an opioid receptor | opioid receptors |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- There are three important structures in hydrocodone: the amine group, which binds to the tertiary nitrogen binding site in the central nervous system's opioid receptor, the hydroxy group that binds to the anionic binding side, and the phenyl group which binds to the phenolic binding site.
- It acts as a kappa opioid receptor agonist and is the first known compound acting on this receptor that is not an alkaloid.
- Naloxone is a lipophilic compound that acts as a non-selective and competitive opioid receptor antagonist.
- If the drug used was indeed a fentanyl derivative or other μ-opioid receptor agonist, an opioid receptor antagonist drug like naloxone would have counteracted the chemical agent's effects, but would have had to be administered by rescue workers immediately upon arriving.
- In addition to this, cocaine has some target binding to the site of the Kappa-opioid receptor.
- Nicotine also appears to induce the release of endogenous opioids that activate opioid pathways in the reward system, since naltrexone – an opioid receptor antagonist – blocks nicotine self-administration.
- The third receptor is the δ-opioid receptor (DOR).
- For example, studies researching opioid receptor-mediated receptor desensitizing and trafficking in the locus coeruleus of the brain are being performed.
- Pharmacological treatments using selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), mood stabilizers and opioid receptor antagonists, and other antidepressants along with cognitive behavioral therapy, have yielded positive results.
- Menthol also acts as a weak κ-opioid receptor agonist.
- For example, naloxone, an opioid receptor antagonist, is a derivative of thebaine that is present in opium.
- Loperamide is an opioid-receptor agonist and acts on the μ-opioid receptors in the myenteric plexus of the large intestine.
- Several experiments have shown that opioid receptor antagonists applied directly to the brain block the antinociceptive effects of [...] , but these drugs have no effect when injected into the spinal cord.
- The effects of morphine can be countered with opioid receptor antagonists such as naloxone and naltrexone; the development of tolerance to morphine may be inhibited by NMDA receptor antagonists such as ketamine, dextromethorphan, and memantine.
- Tramadol induces analgesic effects through a variety of different targets on the noradrenergic system, serotoninergic system and opioid receptors system.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!