|VERB || to persevere | persevered | persevered|
persevering | perseveres
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- 3. to bolster, sustain, or uphold: unflagging faith that had persevered him.
- Arizmendi persevered, and later that year defeated Miller in a non-title fight.
- As Lady Triskelions they also persevered to preserve the sorority's existence during its trying times. Numerous notable Triskelion alumnae actually started to blossom in the T.Y.M.
- Some speculated that the Tlatelolco massacre would discourage British Honduras's participation in the Games, but the British Honduran athletes persevered. They won no medals, however.
- Amongst technical difficulties, the show persevered.
- Messenger describes him as truly decent person who persevered in the "cesspool of politics" because that is where the most good can be done for the most people.
- However, Verdi persevered and was present at the June 1855 premiere, by then having spent close to two years in Paris working on the opera.
- After her death, her sister Fanny stopped writing her journal letters to her, but encouraged by her husband she persevered and addressed new letters to her son.
- The results of only the taolu events have been persevered.
- However, Lancaster persevered and was commissioned in the Royal Engineers as a Lieutenant on 25 May 1915.
- Anthony Zaccaria was born in the city of Cremona, Italy, There activities aroused some opposition, but the group persevered.
- The series was recorded directly to film, and so persevered by the BBC Film Library, meaning all episodes still exist.
- Yeo's father died when Yeo was 16 but persevered on to become who he is today. He had a thought of retiring in 2015 when he suffered numerous injuries and sickness.
- In 1973, as a result of an accident, Hamilton lost his left eye, but he persevered in musical projects.
- Despite a lack of funding, facilities and female training partners, Amri persevered, attending World and African championships through government funding.
- Cross was plagued with injury early in his career but persevered at Barnsley until 1991 before moving to Hartlepool United when the chairmanship was under financial scrutiny.
- The station building was persevered at a private home in Masterton, has since been moved in November 2017 to Carterton railway station.
- He attended Greenville High School. Despite these losses, Keady persevered and decided to further his education.
- The magazine persevered, however, by the tactics of staffing the big NASCAR races with an on-site photographer and publishing the related stories as written by local newspaper writers.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!