Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- His cause of death was recorded in the Dresden Kirchenwochenzettel as "Steckfluß" (choking rheum).
- The grit or "sleep" (rheum) in one's eyes upon waking is the supposed result of the Sandman's work the previous night.
- Rheum (plant), Viola (plant), Convolvulus, Primula vulgaris and so on.
- 5 species of plant were put into the 'Red Book of Russian Federation', they are Steppe peony ("Paeonia hybrida"), Altai rhubarb ("Rheum altaicum"), Altai daphne ("Daphne altaica"), Ludwig iris ("Iris ludwigii") and Siberian adder's-tongue ("Erythronium sibiricum").
- The term "rheumatism" stems from the Late Latin "rheumatismus", ultimately from Greek ῥευματίζομαι "to suffer from a flux", with "rheum" meaning bodily fluids, i.e.
- Chrysophanol was first noted from "Rheum rhabarbarum" which is a plant belonging to the Polygonaceae family.
- Throughout most of the Middle Ages and early modern era Europeans were unaware of the source for these roots, which had become known as "rheum barbarum" (among many other names, including the Persian "raved").
- According to Rowland Whyte, she had suffered a "burning fever for 24 days, and a continual rheum fell to her lungs and putrified there, which she had not strength to void".
- This was written when Elizabeth had a "rheum" in her arm and was losing sleep through grief for her former favourite, the Earl of Essex.
- On 17 September 1549 he complained in letter to William Cecil, dated from Innerwick, about the abandonment of Haddington and his own eyes and legs swollen with the rheum.
- It is found in rhubarb species like "Rheum undulatum" and "Rheum palmatum" as well as in "Cassia reticulata".
- In "Rheum nobile" and "R. rhaponticum", it serves as a UV blocker found in the bracts.
- Arthritis Rheum. 2013 Dec;65(12):3045-50. doi: 10.1002/art.38179.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!