Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Though much improved, pollution is still a problem, and after once enjoying a worldwide reputation for oysters and supporting a vigorous fishing industry the area has been closed to shellfishing since the early 20th century as one result.
- There is an exception, for employment agencies working in the agricultural, shellfishing and food packing sectors, under the Gangmasters (Licensing) Act 2004.
- Wollaston Beach had to be permanently closed for shellfishing and swimming given the toxicology of the water quality.
- The cove is also a recreational, fishing, boating, and shellfishing area.
- It has also historically been important for shellfishing and boating. Since May 1998, the river has been permanently closed to fishing due to fecal coliform pollution.
- At low tide shellfishing takes place in the intertidal flats, typically of individuals digging for clams, which are cooked and sold in all the restaurants of the region.
- The first of them with its main forms of subsistence was linked to the sea because it was dedicated to shellfishing and fishing as a main economic activity but maintaining close ties of worship and exchange with farmers in the nearby valley of the Chillón River.
- Tahuya's Rendsland Creek is designated by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife as an enhanced shellfishing beach, where visitors can harvest clams 6 months out of the year, and Hood Canal oysters year round.
- Penrose Point State Park is a 237-acre park, well-known for its camping and shellfishing culture.
- However, shellfishing ceased in the area in the 1920s due to an outbreak of typhoid fever traced to Raritan Bay oysters.
- The offer of non-regulated courses includes those of shellfishing and professional diving, since 1999, being the only center in Galicia that provides this training.
- This caused there to be certain areas that are permanently closed to shellfishing and over 11,000 acres that would be closed when there was more than an inch of rainfall.
- The toxin causes amnesic shellfish poisoning (ASP) and so the coast was closed for shellfishing while a domoic acid monitoring program was established.
- However hunting, fishing and shellfishing were still important activities.
- and a private shellfishing company. The New Haven YMCA ran a camp named Camp Jewell on the island for nine years, from 1901 to 1910.
- Additionally, he has studied the effects of shellfishing on the population ecology of bivalves.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!