|SYNO ||pressor | vasoconstrictive | vasoconstrictor|
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The resulting vasodilation prevents the vasoconstrictive effects of angiotensin II.
- The vasoconstrictive occlusion appears to be mainly mediated by serotonin In contrast to the contribution of Wharton's jelly, cooling causes only temporary vasoconstriction.
- The binding of platelets to LOX-1 causes a release of vasoconstrictive endothelin, which induces endothelial dysfunction.
- If lateral bulging of the septum and fluctuance persist after the nasal administration of a vasoconstrictive agent, such as oxymetazoline, it is a strong indicator of a nasal septal hematoma.
- Both pharmacological agents have vasoconstrictive effects on coronary arteries.
- Because the vasoconstrictive effects of ergotamine and caffeine are not selective for the brain, adverse effects due to systemic vasoconstriction can occur.
- Epinephrine infusions are less vasoconstrictive than norepinephrine as they primarily stimulate β receptor more than α receptors, but the effect remains dose-dependent.
- Hydralazine is a drug that conducts the blood pressure lowering effects by vasoconstrictive repression.
- The α1-adrenergic receptors are found in vascular smooth muscle, where they are responsible for the vasoconstrictive action of norepinephrine.
- There is one hypothesis that states consumption of ice activates a vasoconstrictive response which causes an increase of blood flow to the brain.
- Due to nicotine’s vasoconstrictive effects in the skin and heart, nicotine gum transiently increases heart rate and blood pressure, and consequently myocardial work.
- This may be partially due to the vasoconstrictive action of nicotine on small blood vessels.
- Bioactive molecules extracted from its bark have been reported to have vasoconstrictive activity in tests with rat arteries.
- It was used for the induction of labor prior to birth and for the treatment of post-partum hemorrhage (from vasopressin's vasoconstrictive properties).
- Topical steroids have anti-inflammatory properties and are classified based on their skin vasoconstrictive abilities.
- The vasoconstriction of the effects of cocaine lead to a decrease in placental blood flow to the fetus that results in fetal hypoxia (oxygen deficiency) and decreased fetal nutrition; these vasoconstrictive effects on the placenta have been linked to the number of complications in malformations that are evident in the newborn.
- Infection may initiate a chain of vasoconstrictive responses within the body, including pulmonary vasoconstriction [...] a possible mechanism in which oxygenation decreases during pneumonia.
- Crystal methamphetamine and salts of amphetamine are sometimes powdered and insufflated by recreational users, which results in a fairly rapid uptake of the drug through the nasal epithelium; with regular use, amphetamine or methamphetamine insufflation slowly damages and eventually destroys the nasal septum due to their causticity and vasoconstrictive effects.
- The serotonin transporter is also present in platelets; there, serotonin functions as a vasoconstrictive substance. It also serves as a signalling molecule to induce platelet aggregation.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!