To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- ... , English: kitefin shark, NATO reporting name: Hokum A) is a Soviet/Russian single-seat attack helicopter with the distinctive coaxial rotor system of the Kamov design bureau.
- Known predators of the blackmouth catshark include the kitefin shark ("Dalatias licha") and the European flying squid ("Todarodes sagittatus").
- Countershading can also be accomplished through bioluminescence in the few shark species that produce and emit light, such as the kitefin shark, a species of dogfish shark.
- "Dalatias" is a genus of kitefin sharks that have lived since the Middle Eocene.
- The kitefin shark inhabits depths too great for it to be a danger to humans.
- Echinorhinidae are traditionally classified in the order Squaliformes, together with kitefin and gulper sharks. They feed on smaller sharks, smaller bony fish, and on crabs and cephalopods.
- The Dalatiidae are the family of kitefin sharks of the order Squaliformes (the term "kitefin shark" also refers specifically to the species "Dalatias licha").
- It may be close to Kitefin or Sleeper sharks.
© dict.cc English-Bulgarian dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!