|NOUN || a kitefin shark | kitefin sharks |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
- ... , English: kitefin shark, NATO reporting name: Hokum A) is a Soviet/Russian single-seat attack helicopter with the distinctive coaxial rotor system of the Kamov design bureau.
- Known predators of the blackmouth catshark include the kitefin shark ("Dalatias licha") and the European flying squid ("Todarodes sagittatus").
- Countershading can also be accomplished through bioluminescence in the few shark species that produce and emit light, such as the kitefin shark, a species of dogfish shark.
- The kitefin shark inhabits depths too great for it to be a danger to humans.
- The Dalatiidae are the family of kitefin sharks of the order Squaliformes (the term "kitefin shark" also refers specifically to the species "Dalatias licha").
© dict.cc English-Bulgarian dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!