|ADJ || labile | more labile | most labile |
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- For some experiments, it may be desirable to identify the labile hydrogens on a compound, that is hydrogens that can easily exchange away as H+ ions on some positions in a molecule.
- The pseudobulbar affect, also referred to as emotional lability, should not be confused with labile mood or labile emotions that stem from emotional instability – affective dysregulation – commonly seen in mental illnesses and certain personality disorders.
- In medicine, the term "labile" means susceptible to alteration or destruction. For example, a heat-labile protein is one that can be changed or destroyed at high temperatures.
- Other labile substituents are also susceptible to cleavage by this reagent.
- UV-irradiation of frozen solutions of chromium hexacarbonyl affords a variety of labile adducts, including labile but complexes with some noble gases.
- Each amino acid to be coupled to the peptide chain N-terminus must be protected on its N-terminus and side chain using appropriate protecting groups such as Boc (acid-labile) or Fmoc (base-labile), depending on the side chain and the protection strategy used (see below).
- The most important ALP isoenzymes are α1-ALP, α2-heat labile ALP, α2-heat stable ALP, pre-β ALP and γ-ALP.
- Tert-butyl ("t"Bu) ether is an acid-labile protecting group for alcohols.
- Diphasic sex expression (also known as labile sex expression or sex change), is defined as the alteration of the primary sex during the lifetime of an individual found within dioecious and subdioecious species.
- Labile hypertension can be a primary risk factor that may contribute to stroke or cardiovascular disease (CVD).
- In molecular biology, the heat-labile enterotoxin family includes "Escherichia coli" heat-labile enterotoxin (Elt or LT) and cholera toxin (Ctx) secreted by "Vibrio cholerae".
- Although InH3 is labile, adducts are known with the stoichiometry InH3Ln (n = 1 or 2).
- Later Winny de Jong declared her labile behavior was caused by a bipolar disorder.
- A related complex is tris(acetonitrile)cyclopentadienylruthenium hexafluorophosphate, which has three labile MeCN ligands.
- Nitrosyl azide is a highly labile nitrogen oxide with chemical formula [...].
© dict.cc English-Bulgarian dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!