To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- "We have never allowed ourselves to knead dough for the bread that breaks the fast in the holy month of Ramadan with children's blood," he said.
- The custom to knead Japanese mugwort was transmitted from the Chinese.
- Mixers help automate the repetitive tasks of stirring, whisking or beating. When the beaters are replaced by a "dough hook", a mixer may also be used to knead.
- The Tahitian word "po'e" is derived from the proto-Polynesian root "poke" which means "to mix", "to knead".
- It is important to knead them slowly yet forcefully to prevent the noodles from hardening.
- The name Haniyasu is thought to mean “to knead earth so as to make it soft” or “clay easy”.
- Knuckling is another form of kneading but using the knuckles to knead and lift in circular and upwards motions.
- Another method is to knead the dough under pressure in an extruder. The sudden drop in pressure then causes water to evaporate, creating bubbles in the dough.
- Grant discovered the secret for the loaf, which was subsequently named after her, by accident when she realised that she had forgotten to knead the wholemeal dough she was making, and found it to have a superior taste to its kneaded counterparts.
- To create a "tò he" figurine, the artist needs a mixture of glutinous and ordinary rice powders, which is easy to knead into different shapes and edible for children, and bamboo sticks to plant the shaped tò he, as well as their own artistic skill.
- , "to knead", or "to paste". Italian usage of [...] includes both a painting and a potting technique.
- In the first variant, instead of using water to knead the dough, milk or yogurt can be used; this results in the dough becoming softer and more rubbery.
- Kittens may be unable to knead effectively with their short forelegs; kneading is required to stimulate milk flow in the mother.
© dict.cc English-Bulgarian dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!