|NOUN || a bait | baits |
|VERB || to bait | baited | baited|
baiting | baits
|SYNO ||bait | come-on | decoy | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The common earthworm is a universal live bait for freshwater angling, and grubs and maggots are also excellent bait when trout fishing.
- It is often used as bait fish on small and medium longlines, handlines, fishing using rods and reels, as trolling bait, even as bait in fish traps.
- "The Bait" (...), also known as "Fresh Bait", is a 1995 French film directed by Bertrand Tavernier about two boys and a girl who commit a murder, with the girl acting as the "bait".
- The common earthworm is a universal bait for fresh water angling.
- The bait fishery operates throughout the Atlantic coastline, ranging from North Carolina to New England. Cast nets are also used for bait catch in the recreational fishing sector.
- 2-Using a stick covered with bait to attract octopuses and, when they are visible, which they do not leave the hole if there is no bait, grab them with the hook.
- Chemical bait - torula yeast and borax - in a McPhail trap is currently popular. Various bait+insecticide combinations are common in the eradication program in Florida.
- Bait fishing is fishing while using bait. Bait is usually alive for catching better fish.
- Surf fishermen use the crabs for bait and commercial bait fisheries extract them from the beach.
- Since scups are classified as anglers and tackle bait frantically, squid strips are the most common choice of bait because they stay intact and suspended on the hook after several strikes.
- Bait is another source of invasive species introduction. In Kansas City, fishermen were unwittingly using the invasive species Asian carp as bait.
- Fipronil bait is more effective and kills faster than Hydramethylnon.
- When threatened, sardines (and other forage fish) instinctively group together and create massive bait balls.
- Fishing lure – type of artificial fishing bait which is designed to attract a fish's attention. The lure uses movement, vibration, flash and color to bait fish.
- The expression explores the merits of two options: "Fish", which refers to the act of fishing; or "cut bait", which refers to cutting up pieces of bait into small, usable portions.
© dict.cc Croatian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!