|ADJ || keen | keener | keenest |
|NOUN || a keen | keens |
|SYNO ||acute | cutting | discriminating | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Anand has a keen interest in film making, a subject he pursued as an undergraduate at Harvard.
- He is a keen cricket fan, and used to play for Hertfordshire Under-18s. He is also a keen supporter of Aviva Premiership Rugby Club Bath Rugby. He is also a football fan and supports Arsenal.
- Not only keen to observer the weather, members are keen to share their expertise and information and data is frequently used in school/university projects, and by practitioners of the law and forensic science.
- He has a keen interest in horse racing, and is a devout fan of Collingwood in the Australian Football League.
- Von Prondzynski was a member of the Church of Ireland, and later the Scottish Episcopal Church, and a keen follower of Newcastle United football club.
- Ogwen has a keen interest in football, and played as a striker for Bangor City when still in the sixth form at school. Today he is a keen Everton supporter.
- He was a keen proponent of the new developments in educational practice and was keen to encourage school teaching in local languages, even though the colonial authorities preferred that lessons be given in English.
- Sheen was a keen tennis player, and while at Canterbury a champion hockey player.
- He was keen on the Arabic language. Keen to strive, and despite the offers made to him to work outside Iraq, he refused to leave his academic position at the Faculty of Arts.
- Sorensen was a keen reader, an admirer of art, and a keen golfer. She was a Baptist and regularly attended Sandgate Baptist Church.
- After the end of the war, her colleagues in Vienna were keen for her to remain, however Nohejlová-Prátová was keen to return to her work in Prague.
- His father, a keen amateur boxer, taught Gerry and his brothers to box.
- Gemmill was a keen golfer, and liked travel and music.
- Probst was a keen sportsman and in his early days in Shanghai was a leading cricketer being named to the Shanghai interport team. He was also a keen rower and also a horse racing enthusiast.
- Inspired by Curlin, the name of his sire, Keen Ice was named for a term in the sport of curling, describing ice that is particularly fast (or "keen") allowing a rock to travel further over it given the same amount of force.
- Arthur Lewis was a keen local historian, active member of Tabernacle Chapel, superintendent of Trefechan Sunday School and keen sea fisherman.
- Several businesses are keen to invest in Thailand, but they have been prohibited because of economic sanctions, he said.
- Throughout his military career and on Combermere distinguished himself as a sportsman acquiring a reputation of being a good shooter, steeple chase rider, and keen fly-fisherman.
© dict.cc English-Czech dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!