|NOUN || nobelium | - |
|SYNO ||atomic number 102 | No | nobelium|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The reaction was used in 1969 to study some initial chemistry of nobelium at the FLNR.
- He was part of the Berkeley team that claimed discovery of the synthetic transuranic elements of nobelium and lawrencium.
- Chemistry experiments have confirmed that nobelium behaves as a heavier homolog to ytterbium in the periodic table.
- In the periodic table, mendelevium is located to the right of the actinide fermium, to the left of the actinide nobelium, and below the lanthanide thulium.
- Long-lived isotopes of nobelium and isotopes of lawrencium (and of heavier elements) have relatively short half-lives.
- For element 105, they proposed "joliotium" (Jl) after the French physicist Frédéric Joliot-Curie, a contributor to the development of nuclear physics and chemistry; this name was originally proposed by the Soviet team for element 102, which by then had long been called nobelium.
- It can thus be considered a heavier congener of nobelium, which likewise has a pair of easily removed 7s2 electrons over a stable [...]5f14 core, and is usually in the +2 state (strong oxidisers are required to obtain nobelium in the +3 state).
© dict.cc Esperanto-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!