|NOUN || a toilet roll | toilet rolls |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Andrex is a British brand of toilet roll. It is owned by the American company Kimberly-Clark.
- s then managing editor Richard Caseby sent a toilet roll accompanied by "a squalid note" to "Guardian" editor Alan Rusbridger after Hyde's false story.
- At the award ceremony of the Gouden Televizier-ring, Van Duin showed that he had pasted the critics' bad reviews onto a toilet roll and read them out loud in front of the press.
- The centrepiece of this masterplan was a 980-foot-high "eco tower" that dwarfed the power station and was described by London's then mayor Boris Johnson as an "inverted toilet-roll holder".
- Commercials include Roundtree's Jelly Tots, Harvest Crunch, American Yellow Page's, London Docklands Crows and even one for a Swedish Toilet Roll.
- With panic buying taking place during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, the venue sold toilet roll at cost price.
- After retiring from football, Lee ran a successful toilet roll business, F.H.
- In the other, he is clutching a toilet roll.
- The peripheral was affectionately referred to during the 1980s by users in the UK home computing community (many of whom were teenagers) as 'The Astronaut's Bog Roll' ('bog roll' being common English vernacular for toilet paper, and the astronaut reference pertaining to the silvery, glittery appearance of the ZX Printer's paper).
- While a member of Kris Kristofferson's backing band at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970, he had a brief reunion with John Sebastian; Sebastian had been (apparently) unaware of Yanovsky's presence, and was made aware by a message passed through the crowd, written on a toilet roll.
- <blockquote>The i-Loo internet toilet roll browser is a novel and unique product designed to make best use of the time you spend on the loo!
- Softer, two ply toilet roll was introduced in Britain in 1942, by St Andrew Mills in Walthamstow; this became the famous Andrex.
- He wrote all the songs and played all the instruments; for one song ("Sun"), he sang the vocals through a toilet roll.
- In "Sayers v Harlow UDC" (1958) 1 WLR 623 having paid to use a public toilet, a 36-year-old woman found herself trapped inside a cubicle that had no door handle.
© dict.cc French-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!