To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Brunel and his assistant Daniel Gooch carried out their own experiments on the same locomotive and found that the only problem was that the blast pipe was too small.
- Snedden's wife Helen later recalled that her husband and Stevens were "like father and son". "The only problem Ted had was that he had a temper," she told a reporter in 1994, crediting her husband with helping to steady Stevens "like you would do with your children" and with teaching Stevens the art of diplomacy.
- In writing about West Coast Swing, Skippy Blair said, "The only problem that exists in swing is when someone decides there is only one way to dance it.
- At this point, the only problem is that the heap property might not hold for index "j".
- Then the set "B" guaranteed by the axiom of replacement is precisely the set "B" required for the axiom of specification. The only problem is if no such "E" exists.
- The only problem of this tit-for-tat strategy is that they are vulnerable to signal error.
- The situation in Italy was not the only problem Maximilian had at the time.
- Most of the population in some Asian and African countries depends on medicinal plants rather than prescriptions and such. The only problem is that locals are rapidly clearing the forests on the Himalayas for wood, often illegally.
- Physical illness was not the only problem to plague the travelers, as many also went insane from the conditions along the trails.
- IGN's Andy Patrizio said Kira's character was likable and the only problem he found was how he often repeated Athrun Zala's name in early episodes.
- MacArthur said the only problem he had with the Seabees was that he didn't have enough of them.
- The project was initially backed by the Ministry of trade in the Government of Serbia and Belgrade City Assembly (the only problem appeared to be the building permit), but the project, which was promised to be "more than just exhibit space" and announcing "the return of Pannonian Sea to Belgrade" was abandoned.
- The only problem with this move was that any attempt to port Lighthouse's OpenStep applications written in Objective-C to Java would be almost impossible.
- For many people, the only problem from an incomplete seal is a higher noise level near the face from escaping air.
- This was the only problem encountered with an H-1 engine during a flight.
- The central hill was the ideal solid base for the construction of the concrete spillway and its dam, the main part of the dam being earth. The only problem was the huge scale of the dam required massive rock and dirt fill that was provided by about 100 trainloads of waste rock deposited into two parallel walls of waste rock about [...] apart every day for several years from the Gaillard Cut (now called the Culebra Cut) and the Gatun Locks excavation.
- The school came into prominence around the year 1912; The number of students increased from 130 to 180 and a temporary structure was built in 1914 to accommodate the growing number. The only problem was that the villagers were not willing to pay any fees and hence the Diocese of Daman and the Bombay Catholic Welfare Organization had to render financial help.
- Because Peru discovered that Ecuador and Colombia neglected to effectively control their Amazonian territories during their colonial era, Peru decided to back its de jure titles with de facto possession by setting up military posts in the relatively isolated trading villages and then flooding the disputed area with Peruvian colonists. The only problem lay with the expanding ambitions of Brazil, since it had slowly settled its part of the disputed area with colonists throughout its colonial era; it had a trading relationship with the Spanish-speaking trading posts and villages along the Marañon River.
© dict.cc French-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!