To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Brodowsky (1998) studied consumer ethnocentrism among car buyers in the United States and found a strong positive relationship between high ethnocentrism and country-based bias in the evaluation of automobiles.
- Ethnocentrism is usually associated with racism. However, as mentioned before, ethnocentrism does not necessarily implicate a negative connotation.
- Another issue that stands out in intercultural communication is the attitude stemming from ethnocentrism.
- Martin Bernal's much debated book "Black Athena" (1987) argues that the historiography on ancient Greece has been in part influenced by nationalism and ethnocentrism.
- Some argue that contemporary Western multicultural societies have taboos against tribalisms (for example, ethnocentrism and nationalism) and prejudices (racism, sexism, homophobia, extremism and religious fanaticism).
- Ethnocentrism plays a role in intercultural communication.
- Monoculturalism is closely associated with ethnocentrism.
- Anthropologists commonly regard claims of chosenness as a form of ethnocentrism.
- There is no international firm today whose executives will say that ethnocentrism is absent in their organization.
- Rigidity may be a cause of ethnocentrism. In one study, M.
- Bar-Tal found that the process mostly occurs in the cases of intractable conflicts and ethnocentrism.
- It has been suggested that ethnocentrism – when pertaining to discrimination or aggression based on the self-love of one's group; or, in other words, based on exclusion from one's self-perceived superior group – is an expression of collective narcissism.
- Sociological examples of ideologies include: racism; sexism; heterosexism; ableism; and ethnocentrism.
© dict.cc English-Greek dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!