|VERB || to be | [I / he / she / it] was / wis [Scot.] / / [you / we / they] were | been|
being | is
|SYNO ||atomic number 4 | Be | beryllium | ...|
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The score to "An American in Paris" was scheduled to be issued first in a series of scores to be released.
- As a result, his philosophy has exerted a unique influence on almost every form of knowledge in the West and it continues to be a subject of contemporary philosophical discussion.
- In the "Iliad", it appears to be the model of a deep and loyal friendship.
- This formula is important because it allows the albedo to be calculated for any given illumination conditions from a knowledge of the intrinsic properties of the surface.
- Later immigrants in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries tended to be Ashkenazi Jews from eastern Europe.
- A great deal remains to be discovered about Indian alchemical literature.
- One of the central characteristics is that anthropology tends to provide a comparatively more holistic account of phenomena and tends to be highly empirical.
- These restrictions are just starting to be lifted off recently although questions about Algeria's slowly-diversifying economy remain.
- ... God) on the human body, considered to be property of Allah alone.
- Of the 5,100+ active voters confirmed, 94% were Caucasian, 77% were male, and 54% were found to be over the age of 60.
- Since the published circulars are definitive, better estimates do not create another version of TAI; it is instead considered to be creating a better realisation of Terrestrial Time (TT).
- Rand considered her philosophical opposite to be Immanuel Kant, whom she referred to as "the most evil man in mankind's history"; [...] she believed his epistemology undermined reason and his ethics opposed self-interest.
© dict.cc English-Greek dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!