To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Karst is also a major tourist attraction as caves are frequent and peculiar geomorphological forms can be studied.
- The aggregated caves and karst of the Greenbrier River Valley are among the world's Top Ten Endangered Karst Ecosystems as listed by the Karst Waters Institute in 2001.
- Dinaric karst is an internationally recognized phenomenon that covers a much wider area, and it was named after Dinara as the type locality.
- The Spanish Society of Speleology and Karst Science (Sociedad Española de Espeleología y Ciencias del Karst, SedecK) is a national caving organization of Spanish caving clubs to promote and disseminate the science of speleology and karst, founded in 1998.
- Maros Regency is famous for its karst hills and cliffs which have been referred to as "The Spectacular Karst Towers".
- Tuhala Karst Area, named after the village, lies for the most part in neighbouring Kata village.
- At first sight, the Škocjan Karst surface appears to be flat, but in reality it is very dynamic.
- From 1977, when she led the initial expedition, Sweeting worked extensively on the karst landforms of China.
- A polje, also called karst polje or karst field, is a large flat plain found in karstic geological regions of the world, with areas usually in the range of [...].
- Sanmenhai is a typical karst landform. In an area of less than [...] , in encompasses peaks, sinkholes, natural bridges, and karst lakes.
- The Karst Plateau or the Karst region ([...] , [...]), also locally called Karst, is a karst plateau region extending across the border of southwestern Slovenia and northeastern Italy.
© dict.cc Hungarian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!