|NOUN || a black eye | black eyes |
|SYNO ||black eye | blow | mouse | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The feud came to a head during a performance in New Haven, Connecticut after Vélez punched Holman between curtain calls and gave her a black eye.
- On 6 December 2022 during protests Berisha was assaulted in the face resulting in him being given a black eye.
- Bakker used the controversy to raise more funds from his audience, branding the investigation a "witch-hunt" and asking viewers to "give the Devil a black eye".
- The red variety with black eye is the most common, but there are black, white and green varieties as well.
- Cronos got up and punched him in the face, the two blamed each other all night, and Araya continued the tour with a black eye.
- It has a black eye-mask and bib, and a pale yellow iris.
- In August 2011, Fairey received a black eye and a bruised rib after being attacked outside of the Kodboderne 18 nightclub in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- He has also published numerous short stories in comics anthologies, self-published his own mini-comics, and published graphic novels through other publishers such as Black Eye, Slave Labor Graphics and Highwater Books.
- The male has a dark grey head, black eye mask, and white throat.
- It is white below, unlike other north Atlantic petrels, and has a white face with a black eye mask like a phalarope.
- The breast, forehead and nape are chestnut, and there is a black eye mask.
- It also has a slender bill and a black eye stripe, which is absent in the willow ptarmigan.
- A black eye stripe extends from the nostril to above the ear opening.
- ... "The Black Eye") is a German tabletop role-playing game with a high fantasy theme created by Ulrich Kiesow and launched by Schmidt Spiel & Freizeit GmbH and Droemer Knaur Verlag in 1984.
- In November 2017, images emerged on the Facebook page of the Bishop of Passau, Stefan Oster, of Benedict with a black eye; the bishop and author Peter Seewald visited the former pope on 26 October since the pair were presenting Benedict with the new book "Benedict XVI – The German Pope" which the Passau diocese created.
- During the "Mad Dogs & Englishmen" tour, Coolidge's boyfriend at the time, Jim Gordon, assaulted her, resulting in a black eye for the rest of the tour.
- In 2012, JDevil appeared in the Datsik & Infected Mushroom music video for "Evilution", wearing black eye contacts and fake teeth.
© dict.cc Hungarian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!