|NOUN || tarot | tarots |
|SYNO ||tarot | tarot card|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
- Seven of Wands is a Minor Arcana tarot card. Tarot cards are used throughout much of Europe to play Tarot card games.
- To date, Ashcroft-Nowicki has written several books and designed two tarot decks, the SOL Tarot Deck with Jo Gill and Anthony Clark, and the Shakespearean Tarot with Paul Hardy.
- The costumes and scenes in "The Bitter Suite" are based upon tarot cards.
- Tarot card games have been attested since at least around 1450 with the Visconti-Sforza Tarot. One of the trump cards in tarot represents death and is the card number 13 in several variants.
- The three most common decks used in esoteric tarot are the Tarot of Marseilles, the Rider–Waite–Smith tarot deck, and the Thoth tarot deck.
- Fascinated with tarot from a young age, Worth has been taught tarot since 2015.
- The "Darkana Tarot", which is known for its departure from the traditional tarot. and won the Tarosophists Award for best self-published tarot deck of 2012.
© dict.cc Icelandic-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!