|ADJ || tart | tarter | tartest |
|NOUN || a tart | tarts |
|SYNO ||lemonlike | lemony | sharp | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
- The QVB Tearoom and the Tea Centre on King Street also arranged a special menu item of "quong tarts", a unique fruit tart, to celebrate their historical link with Mei Quong Tart.
- , Afrikaans for milk tart) is a South African dessert originally created by the Dutch settlers in the "Cape" (South Africa) consisting of a sweet pastry crust containing a custard filling made from milk, flour, sugar and eggs.
- TART-1 was followed by TART-2 which was the focus of a Ph.D.
- There are many types of tarts, with popular varieties including Treacle tart, meringue tart, tarte tatin and Bakewell tart. A "jam tart" uses jam in place of fresh fruit.
- Rhubarb tart is a tart filled with rhubarb.
- An annual Butter tart festival, inaugurated in 2013, is held in early June.
© dict.cc Icelandic-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!