To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- According to constructivism, minimal guidance in the form of process or task related information should be provided to learners upon request and direct instruction of learning strategies should not be used because it impedes the natural processes learners use to recall prior experiences.
- This task was at the request of Eurystheus' daughter, Admete.
- The Domain Name System is defined by Request for Comments (RFC) documents published by the Internet Engineering Task Force (Internet standards).
- The task of fulfilling an allocation request consists of locating a block of unused memory of sufficient size.
- The 4th Infantry Division and Task Force Ironhorse initiated Operation Ivy Blizzard, a joint operation with Iraqi security forces within Samarra at the request of local leadership, according to U.S.
- However, in 1968 Crown Prince Khalid expressed his desire not to preside over the Council of Ministers against King Faisal's request which led to the appointment of Prince Fahd as second deputy prime minister with the task of leading the Council meetings.
- LDAP is specified in a series of Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Standard Track publications called Request for Comments (RFCs), using the description language ASN.1.
- In June 2009, at the request of Steven Rattner, lead adviser to President Barack Obama on the Presidential Task Force on the Auto Industry, Edward Whitacre Jr., who had led a restructuring of AT&T was named chairman of the company.
- and produced an important bilingual parallel text edition of the Welsh and Latin texts of the medieval Welsh laws traditionally attributed to Hywel Dda at the request of his friend.
- In 1641, he responded to a request by the English parliament and joined a commission there charged with the reform of the system of public education.
- It is one of several April Fools' Day Request for Comments.
- Each process can access any system resource by issuing the appropriate OS-9 service request.
- Web crawlers typically identify themselves to a Web server by using the User-agent field of an HTTP request.
- Visibility is improved because a monitoring system does not have to look beyond a single request in order to determine its full nature.
- In March 1944 Lange returned to the already inactive death camp at Chełmno, and resumed the gassing operations on the request of Arthur Greiser, for the final ten transports of ghettoised Jews.
- Taking advantage of the situation, Presidents Félix Houphouët-Boigny and Hamani Diori asked Yaméogo to submit a request for American financial aid to the president on their behalf.
- In "The Emerald City of Oz" Ozma arranges, at Dorothy's request, for Dorothy and her family to move into the palace, and Ozma declares her an official princess of Oz and her "constant companion".
- For many years, records of IRBC-assessed rarities were included in the BOURC's reports, but this ceased in 2002, at the request of IRBC.
- Parliament initially rejected the proposal of Stirling and Moody, but rumours of renewed French interest in the region led Sir George Murray, on 5 November, to request that the Admiralty send a ship-of-war "to proceed to the Western Coast of New Holland and take possession of the whole territory in His Majesty's name."
- Following a request to the Army, Lieutenant Colonel H.H.
© dict.cc Icelandic-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!