|NOUN || a wharf | wharves / wharfs |
|SYNO ||dock | pier | to berth | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Phoenix Wharf on the island has safeguarded wharf status.
- Rydalmere ferry wharf opened in 1992, this wharf serves the suburb of Rydalmere and is located on John Street. The wharf is wheelchair-accessible.
- In 1812-1813, Governor Macquarie ordered the removal and replacement of the old Hospital Wharf with a new upgraded wharf renamed the Kings Wharf.
- In 1873 a timber wharf, henceforth known as the Steamer Wharf, was built, replacing an earlier 1856 timber wharf.
- The third wharf, which is the current wharf, was built and completed in 1956 and was the main wharf for Darwin until the Darwin Port at East Arm was completed in 2000.
- In 1984, number 1 wharf shed was demolished as part of the Trinity Wharf development, and in the 1990s number 4 wharf shed was demolished to provide greater wharf space.
- Initially, the ASN wharf was a small timber wharf or an "earth bank" similar to Gray's wharf.
- Work between 1911 and 1915 replaced the old wooden wharf with a granite-enforced concrete wharf, which was 12 metres longer than the old wharf.
- The island houses the Jibei wharf, with destination to Chikan wharf and Houliao wharf at Baisha island.
© dict.cc Norwegian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!