|NOUN || a harrier | harriers |
|SYNO ||harasser | harrier|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The eastern marsh harrier ("Circus spilonotus") is a bird of prey belonging to the marsh harrier group of harriers.
- Among birds, sandgrouse and larks are seen in fair numbers. According to Roger Geoffrey Clarke, the British harrier-expert, the harrier roost found at the park is one of the largest in the world.
- "Ring-tail" is an informal term used by birders for the juveniles and females of several harrier species when seen in the field and not identifiable to an exact species.
- Raptors like shikra, black-winged kite, black kite, red-necked falcon, marsh harrier, Montague's harrier and booted eagle can also be seen here.
- Inverted Harrier The same as the above, just inverted. Most capable pilots find this easier than a standard harrier due to the wing being above the center of gravity rather than below it.
- When compared to extant species of the genus "Circus", the wood harrier was a small harrier.
- Later harrier blood was introduced. In 1919 a Windemere Harrier "Cracker" was introduced, in 1922 further harrier blood was introduced from Lancashire packs and in 1928 a harrier "Beware" sired a litter that was to become dominant in hound trailing.
© dict.cc Norwegian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!