|NOUN || a coastline | coastlines |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
- The term aspect can also be used to describe a related distinct concept: the horizontal alignment of a coastline.
- Hastings has one small beach, most of the coastline being mudflats. The town also features several large coastline reserves, some of which allow pet dogs to roam leash-free.
- The coastline of the island is developed, with many inlets indenting the coastline, particularly in its northern part.
- The converse of concordant coastline is a discordant coastline.
- Engineering around the peninsula coastline was undertaken in 1980s both to preserve the coastline (and its historic significance) and to consolidate the area as a port.
- Much of the coastline is under the care of the National Trust, and the coastline forms part of the South West Coast Path.
- England has [...] of coastline, much less than the deeply indented Scottish coastline.
© dict.cc Polish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!