|NOUN || a kangaroo | kangaroos / kangaroo [collectively] |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Kangaroo rats inhabit overlapping home ranges. These home ranges tend to be small with most activities within 200–300 ft and rarely 600 ft.
- Kangaroo rats drum their feet. Many different species of kangaroo rats' drumming pattern have been previously studied.
- Unlike the American equivalent (Florida Cow Whip which is made of inexpensive nylon) an Australian stockwhip is usually made of redhide or sometimes greenhide leather but can also be made of kangaroo hide.
- Its appearance is similar to the closely related Goodfellow's tree-kangaroo.
- Lenah Valley was originally known as Kangaroo Bottom, later Kangaroo Valley and Sassafras Valley. The suburb was amalgamated as Lenah Valley in 1922. "Lenah" is the Mouheneenner word for kangaroo.
- The common names for the species include rat-kangaroo, kangaroo rat, and potoroo.
- Their mammal species are red kangaroo, eastern grey kangaroo, Lumholtz's tree kangaroo, koala and meerkat.
- Chris Barns, nickamed "Brolga", is an Australian kangaroo carer.
- Urannah is home to koalas, bettong, and several species of kangaroo, including the tree kangaroo, the grey kangaroo, and the pretty-face wallaby.
- In Australia, Deerhounds and their cross-breeds such as the Kangaroo Dog have historically been used to hunt the kangaroo as well as wild boar, modern descriptions of such hunts with Deerhounds on kangaroo and emu have been recorded by Kenneth Cassels.
- The "Spider-Ham" reality contains a kangaroo named Kangaroo the Conqueror.
- "Macropus titan" is an extinct species of kangaroo (a marsupial) that lived during the Pleistocene.
- The term kangaroo cat is also, rarely, used; this derives from a 1953 specimen known as the Stalingrad Kangaroo Cat.
© dict.cc Polish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!