To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The Kupa Piti Kungka Tjuta is a council of Senior Aboriginal Women from Coober Pedy, South Australia.
- Won by Nina Brown, known locally in Coober Pedy as Greenie Mula, an Irati Wanti campaign co-ordinator for the Kupa Piti Kungka Tjuta and giving them media and communications assistance to help defeat a nuclear waste dump proposal in South Australia.
- It connects Yulara, Kata Tjuta and Uluru east to the Stuart Highway at Erldunda.
- Uluru / Ayers Rock and Kata Tjuta / Mount Olga are separated from the Pitjantjatjara lands by the border between the Northern Territory and South Australia and have become a major tourist attraction and a national park.
- Conglomerate may also be seen in the domed hills of Kata Tjuta, in Australia's Northern Territory or in the Buda Hills in Hungary.
- Tony Tjamiwa was a senior traditional owner of Uluru and Kata Tjuta and was intimately involved in the long battle for the return of them to his people.
- Some of the well known destinations include Devils Marbles, Kakadu National Park, Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), MacDonnell Ranges and Uluru (Ayers Rock).
- "Acacia olgana", commonly known as Kata Tjuta wattle or Mount Olga wattle, is a shrub or tree in the genus "Acacia" that is found in central Australia.
- Resorts for different purposes also exist. An example is Yulara, Northern Territory, which exists to serve Uluru (Ayers Rock) and Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) in Australia.
- The Northern Territory is home to two spectacular natural rock formations, Uluru / Ayers Rock and Kata Tjuta / The Olgas, which are sacred to the local Aboriginal people and which have become major tourist attractions.
- Title to the Uluṟu-Kata Tjuṯa National Park was returned to the traditional owners on 26 October 1985.
- Malya Teamay is an Aboriginal Australian artist. He is also an administrator of Uluṟu-Kata Tjuṯa National Park, serving as a member of its Board of Management. As an artist, Teamay works for Walkatjara Art Uluṟu. This art centre is part of the Uluṟu–Kata Tjuṯa Cultural Centre located inside the national park. Examples of Teamay's paintings are held in the Queensland Gallery of Modern Art, and the Museum of Victoria.
- Protected areas in the ecoregion include Iytwelepenty / Davenport Range National Park, Karlamilyi National Park, and Uluṟu-Kata Tjuṯa National Park.
- Kata Tjuṯa / Mount Olga can be reached via Ayers Rock Airport, followed by a [...] drive south, then west. Visitors are required to pay an entry fee. Kata Tjuṯa is about [...] by road from Alice Springs, via the Stuart and Lasseter highways. It is a [...] hour drive.
- The park is home to both Uluru and Kata Tjuta. It is located [...] south of Darwin by road and [...] south-west of Alice Springs along the Stuart and Lasseter Highways.
- Longitude 131° is a luxury resort located just outside the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Uluṟu-Kata Tjuṯa National Park, within [...] direct line of sight to Uluṟu, and a short driving distance of Yulara, in the Northern Territory, Australia.
© dict.cc Polish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!