|ADJ || back | - | - |
|NOUN || a back | backs |
|VERB || to back | backed | backed|
backing | backs
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Curie recently won back-to-back CPS Championships in football and played in back-to-back Prep Bowls (City Champ vs. Catholic League champ).
- The term back line can either refer to the "full-back line" consisting of the two back pockets and the full-back, or both the full- and half-back lines, which collectively can also be referred to as the "defence", "defensive unit" or the "back six".
- When two eagles are shown back-to-back and facing the edges of the field the term used is "addorsed" / "endorsed" or "adossés" ("back-to-back").
- These announcers have tended to describe the "ball itself" as going "back-back-back".
- Two sensor back types are commonly used: single shot back (non-scanning) and scan back.
- entered third seven–points back. Denny Hamlin entered fourth eight–points back.
- Abaya plays the right-back position. He can, however, play left-back and centre-back positions.
- The Vizag back-to-back HVDC station, or Visakhapatnam back-to-back HVDC station, is a back-to-back HVDC connection between the eastern and southern regions in India, located close to the city of Visakhapatnam, and owned by Power Grid Corporation of India.
- Vered is a right-footed right back that can also play center back and left back.
- Brian Campion (born 1984) is an Irish hurler who played as a goalkeeper, corner-back, full-back, wing-back and centre-back for the Laois senior team.
- After the Olympics and into early 2017, USWNT coach Jill Ellis experimented with different formations and Long started several matches playing centre-back as part of a three back.
- The 2003, 2004, and 2005 Boys Baseball Team won back-to-back-to-back Summer Season Division 1 State Championships.
- Near-back vowels are essentially a type of back vowels; no language is known to contrast back and near-back vowels based on backness alone.
- Winner: Durham Bulls; first team to win back to back IL titles since Columbus Clippers won back in 1991.
- "Balance beam": Jump to knee mount, back handspring, back handspring, tucked full; switch split leap; Chen; front aerial; full turn; tucked side salto; back handspring, back handspring, triple twist dismount.
© dict.cc Polish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!