|NOUN || a backspace key | backspace keys |
|SYNO ||backspace | backspace key | backspacer|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Most Unix terminal emulators can be configured to send either Delete or Backspace when the backspace key is pressed.
- In modern systems, the backspace key is often mapped to the delete character (0x7f in ASCII or Unicode), although the backspace key's function of deleting the character before the cursor remains.
- The Perkins Brailler is a "braille typewriter" with a key corresponding to each of the six dots of the braille code, a space key, a backspace key, and a line space key.
- Cleetus self-published his first compilation of tech cartoons in 2012 titled "Wish Your Mouth Had A Backspace Key" in the United States through Amazon.com.
- The first compilation of "It's Geek 2 Me" cartoons was self-published by the author in 2012 as a paperback titled "Wish Your Mouth Had A Backspace Key" in the United States via Amazon.com.
- The Delete key was also repositioned to the right of the Backspace key instead of above it.
- When a person wanted to type a table (of numbers or text) on a typewriter, there was a lot of time-consuming and repetitive use of the space bar and backspace key.
- On some keyboards, the " [...] " key is located to the left of the Enter key, while on others it is placed to the left of the backspace key (see the two pictures on the right).
© dict.cc Polish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!