|NOUN || a lift cage | lift cages |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
- He was crushed to death between the lift cage and the door, despite the efforts of three bystanders – his brother, a teenage girl, and the lift operator – to free him.
- both men walked out of the lift cage unaided "...
- A balance tank attached to the wooden lift cage was filled or emptied, For stability, ropes were run inside the tower between the cliff top and beach level.
- This elegant device was inserted into the winding rope in such a way that if the lift cage was accidentally overwound the link would be pulled into a bell through which the winding rope passed.
- In September 2018, two men were trapped [...] underground when the lift cage jammed in the mine shaft. They were uninjured, and rescued late in the evening by Fire & Rescue New South Wales.
© dict.cc Polish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!