|NOUN1 || an abode | abodes |
|NOUN2 || abode [residence (in the sense of: the fact of living in a particular place)] | - |
|VERB1 || to abide | abode / abided | abode / abided|
abiding | abides
|VERB2 || to abode | aboded | aboded|
aboding | abodes
|SYNO ||abode | domicile | dwelling | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- He is permanently playing out His sport (leela) from His seat in the Goloka which is even beyond the divine Vaikuntha, the abode of Vishnu and Satya-loka, the abode of Brahma the Creator, and Kailas, the abode of Shiva.
- The introduction of the right of abode principle effectively created two tiers of CUKCs: those with right of abode and those without right of abode, both of which shared the same nationality status until 1983.
- The British Nationality Act 1981 modified the right of abode section of the Immigration Act 1971 to remove the wording at issue, although the former version still had effect for determinations of British citizenship through right of abode for persons born before 1983, and potentially for their descendants.
- The Right of Abode Ordinance 2010 provides a number of ways through which a person acquires 'right of abode' status as of right.
- Ricetti was released from Loveday on 5 December 1943 and taken to Sydney, where he gave his new place of abode as Farm 219 Yoogali, Griffith (Valentino and Elizabeth Ceccato's farm).
- Permanent residency itself is distinct from right of abode, which waives immigration control for such persons.
- Although all Dutch nationals have the right of abode in the European Netherlands, right of abode in the Dutch Caribbean is limited to those who have a connection to the region.
- In Sanskrit, Alya (आल्या) means “dwelling place" or "abode”, most often associated with the Buddhist phrase “ālya-vijñāna” which roughly translates to the "Abode of consciousness”.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!