|VERB || to abolish | abolished | abolished|
abolishing | abolishes
|SYNO ||to abolish | to get rid of|
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The party wanted to abolish state government.
- This referendum asked to abolish the law excluding any responsibility for judicial errors.
- While there were some who wanted to abolish the "mamarrachos", there were others who, while not wishing to abolish it entirely, proposed that it should be purified.
- rallied to abolish the MTRCB for allowing the film to be shown.
- NCADP works to abolish the death penalty in the United States and supports efforts to abolish the death penalty worldwide.
- Navy wanted to abolish the practice of flogging. Photius joined the group of chaplains and tirelessly lobbied to abolish the practice.
- The Lang Labor government unsuccessfully attempted to abolish the Legislative Council in 1925 and 1930.
- Both the primaries and general election were held in the aftermath of the Buffalo Creek flood and a movement to abolish strip mining in the state.
- In "A Call to Abolish Peremptory Challenges by Prosecutors," Smith argues that courts should acknowledge the unenforceability of "Batson v.
- The government moved to abolish the role of Freedom of Information Commissioner, abolish the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner and charge $800 for reviews of "freedom of information" request denials.
- Due to spending costs, there are proposals in the Senate to abolish the Sangguniang Kabataan (SK).
- First indication for Chinese aspirations to abolish extra-territoriality came around August 1942, in a conversation between Wang Beng-shen, advisor to Chiang Kai-shek on Japanese affairs, and member of the British embassy in Chongqing.
- Ohrenstein was a major advocate of legislation to abolish the death penalty in New York.
- Austin led a campaign to abolish strip mining in West Virginia in 1971, then co-chaired the national coalition Citizens to Abolish Strip Mining that lobbied U.S.
- The National Party announced in 2008 it would abolish the seats when all historic Treaty settlements have been resolved, which it aimed to complete by 2014.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!