|NOUN || an asteroid | asteroids |
|SYNO ||asteroid | star-shaped|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- "Komsomolia" has been characterized as a metallic M-type asteroid by the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE). The Asteroid Lightcurve Database assumes it to be a carbonaceous C-type asteroid.
- PanSTARRS photometric survey gave "Figneria" a spectral type of an L- and S-type asteroid, while it has been characterized as a K-type asteroid based on polarimetric observations.
- In the SMASS classification, "Pafuri" is an X-type asteroid, while the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) characterized it as a primitive and darker P-type asteroid.
- , is a stony Koronian asteroid from the outer regions of the asteroid belt, approximately 16 kilometers in diameter.
- , is a small background asteroid in the intermediate asteroid belt.
- Griseldis is suspected of having been impacted by another asteroid in March 2015.
- Arete (minor planet designation: 197 Arete) is an asteroid in the asteroid belt. It has a very bright surface, even so when compared to other rocky S-type asteroid.
- The asteroid was last observed on 20 January 2018 at apparent magnitude 24 by T14 Mauna Kea.
- 155142 Tenagra is an asteroid in the asteroid belt.
- The asteroid is an assumed stony S-type asteroid.
- Asteroid Day co-founders declared Prunariu as the 1st Official Asteroid Day Ambassador for his great service and for helping protect Planet Earth from asteroid impacts.
- Asteroid 95008 Ivanobertini (...), a background asteroid in the asteroid belt, was named in his honor.
- , is a background asteroid from the outer regions of the asteroid belt, approximately [...] in diameter.
- , is a bright Vestian asteroid from the inner regions of the asteroid belt, approximately [...] in diameter.
- , is a stony Koronian asteroid from the outer region of the asteroid belt, approximately [...] in diameter.
- Earth is menaced by an imminent asteroid impact; to prevent disaster, the player must plunge into the asteroid's depths, gather 36 uranium cubes, and escape to safety before the asteroid explodes.
- The Asteroid Redirect Mission (ARM), also known as the Asteroid Retrieval and Utilization (ARU) mission and the Asteroid Initiative, was a space mission proposed by NASA in 2013; the mission was later cancelled.
- The first near-Earth asteroid to be visited by a spacecraft was [...] asteroid 433 Eros when NASA's "Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous" ("NEAR") probe orbited it from February 2001, landing on the asteroid surface in February 2002.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!