|NOUN || asthenia | - |
|SYNO ||asthenia | astheny|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Sulbutiamine is used to treat asthenia (symptoms of fatigue or weakness), In January 1989, 100 mg tablet doses were discontinued in favour of 200 mg tablets.
- The other minor adverse effects encountered in less than 5% of patients were asthenia, burning or stinging sensation, unpleasant taste, blurred vision, eye dryness and tearing.
- Drowsiness and asthenia are common side effects. There has been a report of reversible hepatitis caused by clotiazepam.
- These symptoms could consist of asthenia, fever, anorexia, and weight loss. They mostly occur during a severe disease flare.
- Fatigue (9.2%), weight gain (5.0%), asthenia (1.1%).
- Frequent adverse effects (incidence less than 10%) are dizziness, drowsiness, asthenia/fatigue, and nausea. Clinical adverse experiences were typically mild and short-lasting (2–3 hours).
- With the vasodilation and smooth muscle relaxation caused by alpha-1 blockers, around 10 to 20% of patients present undesirable effects of asthenia(weakness), dizziness, faintness and syncope.
- The most common side effects reported while taking this medication during a trial were dyspnea, asthenia, fatigue, and nausea.
- According to a 2005 review, piracetam has been observed to have the following side effects: hyperkinesia, weight gain, nervousness, somnolence, depression and asthenia.
- Ekbom's doctor thesis "Restless Legs Syndrome: A Clinical Study of a Hitherto Overlooked Disease in the Legs Characterized by Peculiar paresthesia ("anxietas Tibiarum"), Pain and Weakness and Occurring In Two Main Forms, asthenia Crurum Paraesthetica and asthenia Crurum Dolorosa" was published in 1944 or 1945.
- This syndrome is often accompanied by asthenia.
- Other common adverse effects include abdominal pain, asthenia, headache, vomiting and, particularly in children, rash.
- Fletcher died of "asthenia due to phthisis pulmonalis" in 1879.
- Feline cutaneous asthenia is a rare inheritable skin disease of cats characterised by abnormal elasticity, stretching, and improper healing of the skin.
- Three years after making his debut, Guth died from asthenia.
- Weakness or asthenia is a symptom of a number of different conditions.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!