|NOUN1 || a poison | poisons |
|NOUN2 || poison | - |
|VERB || to poison | poisoned | poisoned|
poisoning | poisons
|SYNO ||poison | poisonous substance | to envenom | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- "Gastrolobium grandiflorum", commonly known as wallflower poison, wallflower poison bush or heart-leaf poison bush, is a bushy shrub which is endemic to Australia.
- The plants can cause contact dermatitis, in the same fashion as poison ivy and poison oak.
- The golden poison frog ("Phyllobates terribilis"), also known as the golden dart frog or golden poison arrow frog, is a poison dart frog endemic to the rainforests of Colombia.
- "Rhabdophis" ingest poisonous toads and the poison is absorbed into their blood stream, but the snake is immune to it.
- The packaging for the CD single follows a theme similar to the song: rat poison.
- An alternate endgame is "poison": in this variant, a player who has scored the last wicket but not hit the starting stake becomes a "poison ball", which may eliminate other balls from the game by roqueting them.
- In terms of its potential to cause urushiol-induced contact dermatitis, poison sumac is more toxic than its relatives poison ivy and poison oak.
- These warts give off an odorous poison when the toad is handled or attacked.
- Poison (voiced by Vivica A. Fox) is a serial killer who specializes in poisoning anyone.
- The government gave the company contracts to produce poison gas and antidotes for poison gas.
- "Conium maculatum" (poison hemlock) is infamous in its use as a poison.
- An example of poison ingestion derives from the poison dart frog.
- "The dose makes the poison" ([...] 'only the dose makes the poison') is an adage intended to indicate a basic principle of toxicology.
- Calotropis is a poisonous plant. The active principles are uscharin, calotoxin, calactin, and calotropin.
- 99. Knowledge without application is poison; Food undigested is poison; Assembly is poison for the poor; Young woman is poison for an old man.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!