|NOUN || a polar bear | polar bears |
|SYNO ||ice bear | polar bear | Thalarctos maritimus | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- While a group with the same task survived the winter on Spitsbergen, all seven on Jan Mayen died of scurvy or trichinosis (from eating raw polar bear meat) combined with the harsh conditions.
- For this purpose, a round drum (qilaat) in the form of a frame made of driftwood or walrus ribs covered with a polar bear bladder, polar bear stomach or walrus stomach was used.
- Global climate change and the warming of the polar region will likely cause significant changes to the environment, including loss of the polar bear, the exploration for resource then the extraction of these resources and an alternative transport route to the Panama Canal through the Northwest Passage.
- In 1961, the company introduced the polar bear as its unusual choice of mascot, to imply that the rum could ward off the coldest chill.
- A grizzly–polar bear hybrid (known either as a "pizzly bear" or a "grolar bear") is a rare ursid hybrid resulting from a crossbreeding of a brown bear and a polar bear.
- The largest predator on land is the polar bear, while the brown bear is the largest predator on the Norwegian mainland.
- The Northwest Territories is the only jurisdiction in North America to issue a non rectangular standard license plate. Instead, the territory issues a polar bear shaped license plate.
- The famous Coca-Cola polar bear ad is seen twice during the film.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!