|NOUN || a tornado | tornados / tornadoes |
|SYNO ||crack | crack cocaine | tornado | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- With 30 fatalities, the Saragosa tornado was the deadliest tornado in the United States during the 1980s and was also the deadliest tornado in Texas and in the U.S.
- On April 7, 2006, a tornado struck the city, killing seven people and injuring 128 others.
- On November 29, 2010, Atlanta was hit by an EF4 tornado.
- A tornado outbreak sequence, or tornado outbreak day sequence, sometimes referred to as an extended tornado outbreak, is a period of continuous or nearly continuous high tornado activity consisting of a series of tornado outbreaks over multiple days with no or very few days lacking tornado outbreaks.
- During the historic 1999 Oklahoma tornado outbreak, an F5 tornado crossed I-44.
- Tornado activity on November 17 began early that morning when a brief, but strong F2 tornado touched down northwest of Curranville, Kansas.
- Tornado drills are an important element in tornado preparedness. Like any other safety drills, they increase chances of correct response to a real tornado threat.
- On 23 November 1981, the first tornado of the record-breaking 1981 United Kingdom tornado outbreak, an F1/T2 tornado, passed through Amlwch.
- The Plainfield Tornado challenged both meteorologists and citizens in terms of tornado preparedness.
- The city is located in Tornado Alley. Notable severe weather events in the past half-century include an F3 tornado in 1971; a tornado in 1973; an EF1 tornado on May 8, 2009; a blizzard on February 1, 2011; and an EF5 tornado on May 22, 2011.
- The tornado traveled [...] , was [...] wide, and was posthumously rated F3, although tornado expert Thomas P.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!