|NOUN || a torpedo | torpedoes / torpedos |
|VERB || to torpedo | torpedoed | torpedoed|
torpedoing | torpedoes
|SYNO ||crampfish | electric ray | numbfish | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- An aerial torpedo (also known as an airborne torpedo or air-dropped torpedo) is a torpedo launched from a torpedo bomber aircraft into the water, after which the weapon propels itself to the target.
- Initial torpedo course could be chosen, so the torpedo platform did not need to change its bearing to an optimal course for torpedo launch.
- The torpedo needed careful maintenance. Warships equipped with Type 93 torpedo launchers required an oxygen generator system to use this type of torpedo.
- With the retirement of the Mark 20S torpedo in the 1980s, the stern torpedo tubes were decommissioned and the torpedo ballast tanks were thereafter used for storing beer.
- Torpedo defence includes evasive maneuvers, passive defense like torpedo belts, torpedo nets, torpedo bulges and active defenses, like anti-torpedo torpedoes similar in idea to missile defense systems.
- In 1877 he left the Torpedo Depot and was sent with Tirpitz to the Whitehead Torpedo works (Torpedo-Fabrik von Robert Whitehead) at Fiume to further study the torpedo.
- The Mark 54 Lightweight Torpedo (formerly known as Lightweight Hybrid Torpedo, or LHT) is a standard [...] anti-submarine warfare (ASW) torpedo used by the United States Navy.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!