|NOUN1 || a torture | tortures |
|NOUN2 || torture | - |
|VERB || to torture | tortured | tortured|
torturing | tortures
|SYNO ||agony | anguish | distortion | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Breast torture (also called breast play, nipple torture or tit torture) is a BDSM activity Adequate precautions are needed to prevent injury or blood loss.
- Note that the line between "torture method" and "torture device" is often blurred, particularly when a specifically named implement is but one component of a method.
- The medical response to the problem of torture began in 1973 with the launch of a campaign by Amnesty International (AI) to help and diagnose torture victims.
- In Izium, journalists for the Associated Press found ten torture sites.
- As a forensic expert, he has worked on credibility assessment of torture allegations and protocols for documenting psychological torture including sleep deprivation, the use of threats as ill-treatment and torture, hunger as torture, use of internet and communications technologies and others.
- Italy ratified the Convention Against Torture in 1989.
- Some scholars have published analyses of torture porn films.
- Her forensic experience investigating and documenting torture in international contentious cases, was used as model to train advocates worldwide, representing victims of torture, by the International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims.
- "Torture: Journal on Rehabilitation of Torture Victims and Prevention of Torture" is a peer-reviewed medical journal on rehabilitation of torture victims and prevention of torture, published triannually by the International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims.
- A key area of Freedom from Torture's work is to advocate for torture survivors and to ensure states responsible for torture are held accountable.
- The Crew Against Torture (NGO CAT; [...] , founded as Committee Against Torture, Комитет против пыток, the name was changed in June 2022) is a Russian non-governmental organisation in the field of human rights based in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!