|NOUN || a tourist attraction | tourist attractions |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- At the time, Kabul became known for its street sales of hashish and became a major tourist attraction for western hippies.
- Hines Waterwall Park—in the Uptown District of the city—serves as a popular tourist attraction and for weddings and various celebrations.
- The livestock includes the Hungarian Grey Cattle which is a major tourist attraction in the Hortobágy National Park.
- Ebor shares its name with a nearby set of waterfalls, Ebor Falls, which is a local tourist attraction.
- According to interviews, in 1967, Montreal Mayor Jean Drapeau negotiated a secret agreement with Charles de Gaulle for the tower to be dismantled and temporarily relocated to Montreal to serve as a landmark and tourist attraction during Expo 67.
- The Hassan II Mosque, which is the second largest mosque in Africa and the seventh largest in the world, is the city's main tourist attraction.
- New Year's Eve has begun to compete with the Carnival, and since 1992 it has been a tourist attraction in its own right.
- The archipelago's principal tourist attraction is the Teide National Park (in Tenerife) where the highest mountain in Spain and third largest volcano in the world (Mount Teide), receives over 2.8 million visitors annually.
- Monte Carlo Casino, located in Monte Carlo city, in Monaco, is a casino and a tourist attraction.
- "Zoo Basel" is, with over 1.7 million visitors per year, the most visited tourist attraction in Basel and the second most visited tourist attraction in Switzerland.
- It is now a tourist attraction in its own right and dominates the hamlet.
- It is a tourist attraction in Brasilia, designed by Lúcio Costa and Oscar Niemeyer as a place where the three branches would meet harmoniously.
- Some retired buses have been converted to static or mobile cafés, often using historic buses as a tourist attraction.
- "Manneken Pis", a fountain containing a small bronze sculpture of a urinating youth, is a tourist attraction and symbol of the city.
- It is a tourist attraction to visitors to the Baku area.
- Hillwalking is another tourist attraction but is of only limited significance.
- Just a few kilometers from Alicante on the Mediterranean Sea lies Tabarca island. What was once a haven for Barbary pirates is now a beautiful tourist attraction.
- The beaches are also a popular tourist attraction. Hydrofoil ferries from Piraeus take only forty minutes to reach Aegina; the regular ferry takes about an hour, with ticket prices for adults within the 4–15 euro range.
- A tourist attraction, the East Hayling Light Railway, is a [...] gauge railway which runs for just over [...] from Beachlands Station to Eastoke Corner with aspirations to extend the route to Ferry Point within the next few years.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!