|NOUN || an Abbasid | Abbasids |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Abbasid Iraq eventually became part of Buyid Iran as the Buyid Emirate of Baghdad.
- 95% of the population belongs to Abbasid family. The Abbasid dynasty descended from Muhammad's uncle, Al-Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib.
- Samarra was the capital of the Abbasid Caliphate in the 9th century CE, and today Abbasid Samarra is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Lubābah bint Jaʿfar (...) was an Abbasid princess, granddaughter of second Abbasid caliph al-Mansur, niece of third Abbasid caliph al-Mahdi and the principal wife of fourth Abbasid caliph al-Hadi.
- Umm Isa was related to the Abbasid ruling House both maternally and paternally. She was contemporary to several Abbasid caliphs, Abbasid prince and Princesses.
- The Abbasid dynasty or Abbasids (...) were an Arab dynasty that ruled the Abbasid Caliphate between 750 and 1258.
- Muhammad ibn al-Ash'ath al-Khuza'i (...) was an early Abbasid follower and later became Abbasid governor in Iran, Egypt and Ifriqiya for the Abbasid Caliphate.
- After this, the abbasid caliph named the Turkish Azkutigin as governor of Mosul.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!