To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Makistos was also the third child of Athamas and Nephele, according to the Greek mythology.
- "Pithecellobium dulce" is a host plant for the caterpillars of the Common nawab ("Polyura athamas"), three-spot grass yellow ("Eurema blanda"), Bright babul blue ("Azanus ubaldus") and several moths.
- These include the common nawab ("Polyura athamas") and the swift moth "Endoclita malabaricus".
- The name is based on their resemblance to the common nawab ("Polyura athamas"), which was described before the discovery of this species.
- It was so called from Helle, the daughter of Athamas, who was drowned here in the mythology of the Golden Fleece.
- Pausanias writes that the city was founded by Minyans from Orchomenus under the leadership of Athamas, a descendant of Athamas the son of Aeolus.
- When Athamas returned to his second wife, Ino, Themisto (his third wife) sought revenge by dressing her children in white clothing and Ino's in black and directing the murder of the children in black.
- was a Boeotian prince as the son of King Athamas and Ino, daughter of King Cadmus of Thebes.
- Together with his brothers Euanthes, Melas, Talus and Athamas, they followed their father when he sailed with a fleet from Crete to Chios.
- In another version of the myth, the Achaeans were just about to sacrifice Athamas who was a scapegoat to purge the sins of the country according to the command of an oracle but Cytisorus came from Aea in Colchis and delivered his grandfather Athamas.
- It heavily resembles a real-life Dragonhead caterpillar, which is the larval form of the butterfly Polyura athamas.
- Meanwhile, Tiresias reveals to Polycrates, the current head of the tribe that belonged to Athamas (Lacdamo's father), that Lacdamos is the true king of Thebes.
- "Crambus athamas" is a moth in the family Crambidae. It was described by Stanisław Błeszyński in 1961. It is found in Assam, India.
- In Greek mythology, Learchus (Ancient Greek: Λέαρχος) or Learches was a Boeotian prince as the son of King Athamas and Ino, daughter of King Cadmus of Thebes. He was the brother of Melicertes.
- Although they were regarded as "barbarians" by Strabo and Hecataeus of Miletus, the Athamanians affirmed that they were Greeks and they were also seen as Greeks by Plato who stated “the descendants of Athamas are Greek, of course” (Οι έκγονοι του Αθάμαντος, Έλληνες γάρ).
- In Greek mythology, Ella (Greek: Ἕλλα) was the daughter of Athamas and Nephele.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!