|NOUN || - | the Azores |
|SYNO ||Acores | Azores|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- As part of the 2008 Jester Azores Challenge Roger Taylor sailed from Plymouth to Praia da Vitória, Azores in his junk-rigged Corribee, "Mingming", finishing in just under 21 days.
- United States Forces Azores (USAFORAZ) is based at Lajes Field, Portugal near Lajes on Terceira Island in the Azores.
- "Azorina" is a monotypic genus of flowering plants within the family Campanulaceae, whose sole species, "Azorina vidalii", the Azores Bellflower, is endemic to the Azores.
- In the late 19th century, some political movements reclaiming an increase of the Azores autonomy adopted a flag which design was very similar with the present Flag of the Azores.
- José Eduardo da Cunha Pacheco (born 4 February, 1971) is a Portuguese politician from the Azores.
- Alma Benedetti Croce Rivera was born in the Portuguese Autonomous Region of the Azores Azores on 24 September 1991, the daughter of an Italian father and mother.
- Between the Strait of Gibraltar and Azores is where the African (Nubian), and Eurasian Plates meet along the Azores–Gibraltar Transform Fault.
- "Sanicula azorica", the Azores sanicle, (Portuguese: "erva-do-capitão") is a perennial plant in the family Apiaceae. It is endemic to the Azores, Portugal.
- A regional election will be held in Azores no later than October 2024, to determine the composition of the Legislative Assembly of the Autonomous Region of Azores.
- The Azores Plateau or Azores Platform is an oceanic plateau encompassing the Azores archipelago and the Azores Triple Junction in the North Atlantic Ocean.
- "Correio dos Açores" ("Azores Post") is a Portuguese newspaper, published daily from Ponta Delgada, in the archipelago of the Azores.
- Clube União Micaelense "(known as CU Micaelense or U. Micaelense)," is a Portuguese football club based in Ponta Delgada, Azores on the island of São Miguel in the Azores.
- It lives in Azores, Madeira and Canary Islands. Since 1972 there have been no records of this plant in the Azores.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!