To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- He reached as far as Novaya Zemlya and the Kara Sea in his first two voyages, but was turned back on both occasions by ice.
- River steamers first came to the Yenesei River in 1864 and were brought in from Holland and England across the icy Kara Sea.
- The isolated population of Laptev Sea walruses is confined year-round to the central and western regions of the Laptev Sea, the eastmost regions of the Kara Sea, and the westmost regions of the East Siberian Sea.
- The Soviet Navy dumped the original radioactive compartment into the Kara Sea.
- The voyage was to the northeasterly direction over the Kara Sea.
- Baer Island in the Kara Sea was named after Karl Ernst von Baer for his important contributions to the research of arctic meteorology between 1830 and 1840.
- The Kara Sea ([...] , "Karskoye more") is a marginal sea, separated from the Barents Sea to the west by the Kara Strait and Novaya Zemlya, and from the Laptev Sea to the east by the Severnaya Zemlya archipelago.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!