|NOUN1 || an authority | authorities |
|NOUN2 || authority | - |
|SYNO ||agency | assurance | authorisation | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- On 1 April 2012, TELA merged with Hong Kong Broadcasting Authority and Office of the Telecommunications Authority to create a new authority, the Communications Authority.
- Authority: Many positions bear authority, yet any sort of negative pressure, fear, insecurity or disrespect caused by exploiting authority is intolerable.
- Delegated authority is an authority obtained from another that has authority since the authority does not naturally exist.
- The authority will be bifurcated into Pakistan Civil Aviation Regulatory Authority and the Pakistan Airports Authority as per National Aviation Policy 2019.
- It is customary to speak of a threefold office of the Church: the office of teaching (prophetic office), the priestly office and the pastoral office (governing office), and therefore of the threefold authority of the Church: the teaching authority, ministerial authority and ruling authority.
- Where conflicts exist between various sources of tax authority, an authority in Tier 1 outweighs an authority in Tier 2 or 3. Similarly, an authority in Tier 2 outweighs an authority in Tier 3.
- According to Weber, authority is power accepted as legitimate by those subjected to it.
- This fallacy is used when a person appeals to a false authority as evidence for a claim. These fallacious arguments from authority are the result of citing a non-authority as an authority.
- An agent who acts within the scope of authority conferred by their principal binds the principal in the obligations they create against third parties.
- Brevard Family of Housing is a US not-for-profit housing authority founded in 2008, as an umbrella organization for the Cocoa Housing Authority, Melbourne Housing Authority, and the Brevard County Housing Authority.
- 3) Giving an agent express authority to undertake a certain act also includes the implied authority to do all things proper, usual, and necessary to exercise that express authority.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!