|NOUN || a network adapter | network adapters |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The most common way is to set up a virtual network adapter and appropriate routing tables to send traffic through the adapter.
- As the node address is usually identical to the MAC address of the network adapter, the Address Resolution Protocol is not needed in IPX.
- For example, a virtual network adapter is used with a virtual private network, while a virtual disk device is used with iSCSI.
- In rare cases, the MII may be an external connection but is usually a connection between ICs in a network adapter or even two sections within a single IC.
- The interface provides enough bandwidth for the PCMCIA extension connector which was used for the network adapter with built-in P-ATA interface for faster data access and online functionality.
- RDMA supports zero-copy networking by enabling the network adapter to transfer data from the wire directly to application memory or from application memory directly to the wire, eliminating the need to copy data between application memory and the data buffers in the operating system.
- In 2001, Sony released the Network adapter for their PlayStation 2 video game console, which allowed voice chatting with a headset.
- On the Windows platform, this command is available only if the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) protocol is installed as a component in the properties of a network adapter in Network Connections.
- Blade servers generally include integrated or optional network interface controllers for Ethernet or host adapters for Fibre Channel storage systems or converged network adapter to combine storage and data via one Fibre Channel over Ethernet interface.
- 2 compliant network adapter card do not usually require a Wake-on-LAN cable as the required standby power is relayed through the PCI bus.
- "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3", released in November 2001, supported the Network Adapter hardware, but not the software as it was not finalized until much later.
- Many TCP/IP software stack implementations provide options to use hardware assistance to automatically compute the checksum in the network adapter prior to transmission onto the network or upon reception from the network for validation.
- Online multiplayer was first introduced in the Japanese release of "Armored Core 2: Another Age", but was removed in other regions due to the PlayStation Network Adapter not being ready in time.
- "Frequency" was one of the first games to be supported by the PS2 Network Adapter, allowing for up to four players to play against each other as well as to trade their remixes.
- Since an expansion card such as a video adapter, hard drive controller, or network adapter could use allocations of memory in many of the upper memory areas, configuration of some combinations of cards required careful reading of documentation, or experimentation, to find card settings and memory mappings that worked.
- Mellanox Technologies announced the first 100 [...] Gbit/s network adapter with PCIe 4.0 on 15 June 2016, and the first 200 [...] Gbit/s network adapter with PCIe 4.0 on 10 November 2016.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!