|NOUN1 || a painting [picture] | paintings |
|NOUN2 || painting [act; subject] | - |
|VERB || to paint | painted | painted|
painting | paints
|SYNO ||house painting | painting | picture|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The prominence of Pamphilus' school of painting contributed to the acceptance of painting as important to the education of noble youth.
- In abstract painting and sculpture during the 1950s and 1960s Geometric abstraction emerged as an important direction in the works of many sculptors and painters.
- Color Field painting clearly pointed toward a new direction in American painting, away from abstract expressionism.
- Seuphor also assisted with the Tudor companion volume of his "Dictionary of Abstract Painting", the "Dictionary of Modern Painting", which documents all the various schools of painting in the 20th Century, including both abstract and realist painting.
- The classic East Asian tradition of literati painting, that only uses black ink in various levels of dilution, is ink wash painting.
- The art of painting has been taught in Sri Lankan schools from the British colonial period.
- Chen Chun () followed the teaching from Wu School of painting during his early years and then developed his own "enjoyable" style in "Shan shui painting (landscape painting, 山水畫).
- The process of restoring the painting began the same day.
- In 1960, Hamilton created her first purely oil on canvas abstract painting, entitled "Burst Beyond the Image," after an expedition to K2 in Pakistan.
- Pierre Colle of Paris acquired the painting by 1946.
- Blender allows procedural and node-based textures, as well as texture painting, projective painting, vertex painting, weight painting and dynamic painting.
- At the time of the 1974 Spring Festival, he painted an equally large painting in Wuxi for the arts and crafts salon of the Guangzhou Fair entitled Eternal Spring in the Splendor of the Country.
- "A Reclining Nair lady" is a painting by the Indian artist Raja Ravi Varma. Varma draw this painting inspired from Edward Manet's painting Olympia.
- Carl Andreas August Goos (6 August 1797, Schleswig - 12 July 1855, Schleswig) was a German-Danish painter working in history painting, genre painting and portrait painting.
- Lin Hejie known for painting, ink painting, pottery and other forms. He also utilises hybrid ceramic art and Western painting techniques.
- Paestan vase painting was a style of vase painting associated with Paestum, a Campanian city in Italy founded by Greek colonists.
- The temple has a number of old cloth paintings: Tibtain tradition painting, Kalachakra deity painting, Buddha Jataka, Melorepa stories and so on. Molarepa story is estimated as 400 years painting.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!