⇄Change DirectionTranslation for 'population' from English to Russian
NOUN   a population | populations
SYNO population | universe
популяция {ж}
население {с}population <pop.>
популяция {ж}population <pop.>
2 Words
поголовье {с} коров
cow population
популяционная биология {ж}
population biology
популяционная генетика {ж}
population genetics [treated as sg.]
демографическая политика {ж}
population policy
сельские жители {мн}village population {sg}
деревенские жители {мн}village population {sg}
9 translations
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
  • According to the Population and Housing Census, the municipality has a total population of 25,685, of which 12,644 were men and 13,041 women.
  • The population density is 17.8 person/km2. The Shire is relatively homogenous with an Australian-born population making up 77.1% of the population.
  • In 2007 the population density was 3.20 inhabitants/km2.
  • Muslim population is 82.01% of the population while Hindus are 17.92% of the population. The Hindu population has stayed constant since 1981.
  • As in other cities of China, the population of Nanchong can be divided into two parts: upper urban population and lower rural population. The registered urban population is about 1.2 million.
  • In population genetics and population ecology, population size (usually denoted "N") is the number of individual organisms in a population.
  • 81% of the population resides in rural area with the remaining 19% being the urban population.
  • The demographics of the economic region includes the demographic features of the population of the region including population growth, population density, economic status and other aspects.
  • The male population is 1870 and female population is 2171.
  • The 2002 population census established the population of Nyakayojo as 29,396, In 2009 Uganda National Bureau of Statistics estimated the population to be 34,000, the 2014 National population and Housing Census found the population of Nyakayojo Division at 38,252 people.
  • The total population of the village is 4316. Male population is 2289 while female population is 2027. as per Population Census 2011.
  • The total working population is 43.4% of the total population.
  • The total working population is 39.84% of the total population.
  • Karakbel has a population of 5,679 in census of 2011. The male constitutes 62% population and female constitutes 38% of population.17% of population is under 6 years.
  • Notable population concern organizations include Population Connection and Population Matters.
  • 3 2 Target population Jega LGA has an estimated population of 193,352 people as at 2006 National population Census.
  • Cotabato's population is majority Christian. According to the 2010 census, 51.2% of the population are Roman Catholic.
  • 5% African-American population, including government and other professional class; 28.1% Hispanic population; 22.9% White population; 3.2% Asian population; and a 2% Other population.
© Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!