To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The real reason for the name is lost in time, but the two versions that were commonly recited are that the original branch locomotive was so small it looked like a portable potato roaster used by a local vendor or that the journey time was the same as that taken to roast a potato in the locomotive's firebox.
- These include "Spießbraten" (spit roast), "Schaukelbraten" (“swung” roast), "Gefüllte Klöße" (filled dumplings), "Reibekuchen" (potato pancake) and "Schaales" (another kind of potato pancake).
- One example of a potato dish which Tibbott has recorded is called "Cig ar wyneb tato", this is a dish of roast potatoes ("Tato Rhost") where the potatoes are part boiled in a heavy saucepan and then covered with bacon rashers, with a thick layer of chopped onions or chives placed on top.
- In North Germany it is traditionally rolled in rye flour and then fried in butter with bacon. Typical accompaniments include roast potatoes, potato salad and "Apfelmus" or apple sauce.
- Dishes usually cooked in a chugunok are roast meat with vegetables called "zharkoye", holubtsi, potato babka, stuffed peppers, and baked milk.
- In the 1980s, the cultural dishes of Nurmijärvi parish were called pastries with raisin soup, a roast beef cured slowly in mild heat, berry cream and sweetened potato casserole.
- Nestled directly in the hot ashes, surrounded and covered with embers (not placed directly in them), for about 45 minutes, the potato sees its skin roast and crisp, and its flesh reveal all its fragrance; the degree of cooking is checked by pricking in the pulp with a fine and pointed object, like a knitting needle.
- One of the most famous examples of body inflation in popular culture is of Violet Beauregarde from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory/Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory", where she swells up into an anthropomorphic blueberry after eating an experimental chewing gum consisting of a three-course meal which is tomato soup, roast beef with baked potato and blueberry pie with ice cream.
- and typically served with carrots and potato (also roasted), green vegetables and gravy.
- Various polls repeatedly declare (Eintopf) or sausages (Würstchen) with potato salad to be Germany's favourite meal on "Heiligabend".
- It has been the most widely grown variety in the UK since 1980 and is suitable for a range of uses including chips, roast potatoes and mashed potatoes.
- g. potatoes with quark, potato soup or potato with bread and linseed oil.
- Murray invented his own potato crisps – branded "Steak and Al Pie" – as entered in a "crisp competition" hosted by Gary Lineker, used to raise money for Comic Relief.
© dict.cc Russian-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!